After a lot of development and tons of regression testing, Tera-WURFL 2.1.4 is finally ready for release. There has finally been a break in commits on the GitHub repo for more that a week, and no bug reports on the development branch.
Changes from Tera-WURFL 2.1.3
- Switched to better XML Parser (old parser, SimpleXML will still be used if XMLReader is missing)
- Improved matching for Apple, Android, Nokia, BlackBerry / RIM, DoCoMo, KDDI, LG and OperaMini
- Allowed preloading a custom TeraWurflConfig so the default is ignored
- Updated source documentation
- Updated instructions
- Greatly improved cmd_line_admin.php
- Converted line endings to \n
- Various bugfixes
- Improved Remote Client
- Added builtin regression testing (thanks digitalronin!). Tip: from the shell, go to the test/ dir and type “rake sanity” to make sure your patches are compatible with the loaded WURFL
- Moved default config to “TeraWurflConfig.php.example” so your config isn’t overwritten
- Fixed MSSQL DB Connector bug
If you rely on Android or BlackBerry detection, you will really want to get version 2.1.4 – it will significantly improve detection of these devices.